Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hello Blogsphere, Anniversary Trip - The Alchemist

Ordinary : "normal"

Extraordinary : "unusually great"

 

Sounds about right.  Welcome to my very first blog!  I've been thinking about starting one of these for a while, and finally got the time (and courage) to begin.  I'm just the ordinary girl who has a passion and love for all things beer.  For my first post, I would like to take you all on the journey that was my 1 year wedding anniversary celebration : The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, & Allagash.  Pretty awesome trip, right?  It was incredible.  Originally, the plan was to go out west to breweries such as Founders, Bells, 3 Flloyds, Jolly Pumpkin, etc.  The drive, however, was about 4 hours longer, and we wanted to relax at least some of the vacation.  Thus, we began our 7 hour trek to Vermont.  First stop, The Alchemist






I am obsessed with Heady Topper (thanks to Mat Falco), and was very excited to check out the cannery.  Upon walking inside, there isn't much to explore.  The tasting room and "self guided tour" was about as big as my living room and kitchen combined.  Still, the smell of hops and malts enticed me.

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about tasting Heady on tap, since it is clearly made for drinking right out of the can.  Once I tasted, it was pure joy on my tongue.  Even BETTER than in the can, and obviously because it was the freshest I've ever tasted it.  Bright, floral, hoppy, citrus, malt undertones, long finish, MMMMMMM.
As if the tasting room and cannery wasn't enough to wet my appetite, they had a Ms. Pac Man machine.  How cool is that?
Look at all those cans....doesn't it make your mouth water?!  We had a great time chatting it up with the staff and cannery folks and they were so welcoming and thankful that we came all the way from Philly just for their beer.
I just realized that just this one stop has become quite the long blog post.  Next stop, Hill Farmstead! 

PS - 8 days until Philly Beer Week!!

Cheers,
Megan









No comments:

Post a Comment