Friday, June 1, 2012

My Go-To Events PBW

It's here.....Philly Beer Week 2012!!  I woke up and it felt like Christmas morning, but even better because I know all the gifts that are coming my way.  There are so many awesome events this year, it's going to be hard to choose.  Like most of you, I won't be able to get to many because of work, but I take that as a blessing - not having to choose!  Here are the events I'm looking forward to, even if I can't get there in time or get there too late.  Cheers to everyone who is embarking on the ridiculous 10 day journey of the best beer drinking city in the world - Philadelphia!



June 1st :

Barcade : Beer week kickoff tapping with greats like Bell's Hopslam, Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Round Guys Saison, RR Supplication, and more. 12pm

Kite & Key : Opening tailgate party & Troegs takeover with Nick Johnson.  This was my first event last year and one of my favorites.  I love Troegs and love the relationship that Kite has with them.  They also "crossed the Delaware" last year and who knows what craziness they have in store this year.  2pm

Devil's Den : 4th annual Bella Vista beer bash.  The tap list looks INSANE and this event is sure to be one of the most exciting and most crowded. 7pm

June 2nd :

Tapesty : Cirque du Saison.  Over 30 saisons on the lineup, plus mobile BBQ,  and music and entertainment.  This event goes all day and I will definetly be going after the International Beer Expo. 12pm - 9pm.

Navy Yard : International Beer Expo.  What's better than a beerfest during Philly Beer Week?  I'll be there with Philly Beer Scene to check out beers from around the world.  Come by the magazine stand and say hi! 1pm-5pm

American Sardine Bar : Firestone Walker keg party.  Meet owner, David Walker, with some rare and favorites from FSW.  5pm - 8pm

June 3rd :

Kennett : Allagash brunch.  One of my favorite brunch places (bacon cornmeal pancakes?!) paired with a fantastic brewery, it's sure to be a winner.  11am - 3pm

East Passyunk Ave : Craft beer day on East Passyunk.  This neighborhood always brings out the great beers!  All those involved are Birra, Stogie Joe's, POPE, Lucky 13, Le Virtu, The Bottle Shop, Noir, Stateside, & South Philly Bar & Grill.  11am - 2am

The Trestle Inn : 50/50 brewing.  Meet the brewer, Todd Ashman, and get some rare 50/50 brews, like the award winning Elijah Craig Eclipse.  Plus, what goes better with beer then whiskey?  $3 shots of Elijah Craig 12yr.  6pm - 9pm

June 4th :

Ressurection Ale House : Green Flash.  Meet the guys from Green Flash and taste beers with a great lunch!  12pm - 2am

With Love Beer Garden : Victory brewing.  The Four Seasons always has great events in the beer garden through Philly Beer Week.  Victory takes over (with Summer Love) and never disappoints.  5pm - 8pm

June 5th :

Jose Pistolas : Founders.  They're featuring KBS & CBS, so I'm sure the line will be wrapped around the building.  11:30am - 2:30pm

 London Grill : Dunk a beer rep.  We love our beer reps, so let's celebrate them by drenching them!!!  The beer lineup hasn't been announced yet, but it's sure to be epic.  4pm - 9pm

Kite & Key : Founders.  If I can't get into Jose's, I'll be sure to get in at my favorite local bar.  They will also have a killer taplist featuring KBS & CBS.  5pm - 12am

June 6th :

Misconduct : Southern Tier.  They haven't announced which 7 kegs they've been saving for us, but I'm sure they'll have some pretty awesome stuff.....Pumking anyone?  11am - 4pm

Standard Tap : Weyerbacher.  I love my local breweries, and Weyerbacher always hits a grand slam during Philly Beer Week.  4pm - 2am

Hawthornes : Stillwater.  I missed the opening of Of Love & Regret in Baltimore, but this event is gonna be awesome.  They are taking over the taps AND kitchen with a tap list that makes me drool.  Bit Witter Weisse, Kopstootje, Stateside, OurSide, Existent, Cellar Door, Debutante, & As Follows.  5pm - 10pm

June 7th :

Prohibition Taproom : Bells.  Meet Laura Bell and chat over some pints of Hopslam, 2007 Expedition Stout, and more.  Gotta order the fried green beans - delish.

Farmer's Cabinet : 3x8 project.  Colab project with Stillwater, Evil Twin, and the Cabinet Brewhouse.  All 3 brewers will be in house and I look forward to Sungasm -  sour, brett fermented golden ale aged on 8 different woods.  6pm - 2am

June 8th :

Officially HILL FARMSTEAD day in my book.  As if I couldn't get enough of Shaun's brews at the brewery, he's taking over Philly at some of the best bars!

Jose Pistola's : HF lunch.  No idea what's pouring, but it's gonna rock.  11:30am - 3pm

Tria : The hills are alive.  Fermentation school with Shaun Hill from HF.  $68 for the class and includes some rare wood aged selections.  I'm in!  6:30pm - 8pm

The Boilermaker : Hill Farmstead & Grassroots.  Shaun Hill will be there with 5-6 HF kegs, 5 kegs from Grassroots (which is his colab effort), and a some bottle selections.  I haven't been to the BM yet, so pretty excited to check it out.  9pm - 12am

June 9th :

Standard Tap : Sour brunch.  There's nothing I love more than brunch....except maybe sour beers.  This is a perfect marriage of tasty brunch and tart sours, can't wait to see what's on tap.  11am - 3pm

American Sardine Bar/Philly Brewing : Fried Chicken Run.  Join the Fishtown Beer Runners & lose those beer week pounds!  Run starts at Philadelphia Brewing and ends at ASB.  $35 gets you a t-shift, 3 PBC beers, and all you can eat fried chicken.  Dear work gods, let me have off this day for this events!  3pm - 8pm

June 10th :

Local 44 : Russian River.  This is the perfect brunch to wrap up Philly Beer Week.  Plus, a visit to their new bottle shop to stock up!  11am - 2am

Memphis Taproom : Vintage beer brunch.  From West Philly to Fishtown, Memphis always has a killer lineup of beers, plus awesome food.  This year's beer list includes... Boon Mariage Parfait Kriek ('07), Allagash Victor ('11), Sly Fy/DeProef Broederlijke Liefde ('11), Struise Tsjeeses Reserva ('10) and J.W. Lees Harvest Ale -- Lagavulin ('10).  $75 for all that and a 5 course brunch menu.  12pm - 3pm

Dock Street Brewery : Philly beer run & music fest.  Join Bryan from The Brewlounge for a 5k beer run with lots of Dock street brews and music after!  $35 pre-registration & $40 on-site registration.  2pm - 7pm



There are so many events, I just can't keep up.  Here's to hoping that my work schedule is light these 10 days and I hope to see many of you out there!

Cheers,
Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment